Welcome to the AMA KidzTime Program!
Our program has been designed to provide before and after school care for our Lower campus students in grades Preschool-1 and before and after school care for our Upper campus students in grades 2-7. We are excited about the prospect of caring for your child.
KidzTime has been designed to provide before and after school care for our students. KidzTime is an after school child care program available to AMA Students only. It provides consistency and enrichment for children in a fun and relaxed environment that encourages individual choice making. Activities include various group and individual projects, indoor and outdoor play, group games and sports, board games, age appropriate activities, and much more. There is a $20 registration fee per family.
KidzTime is offered at both campuses as well as for Preschool.
Upper: AM KidzTime is 6:30am – 7:30am ($5/day – pre-registration only); PM KidzTime is 3:30pm – 6pm ($10/day pre-registration only).
Lower: AM KidzTime is 7am – 8:00am ($5/day – pre-registration only); PM KidzTime is 4pm – 6pm ($10/day pre-registration only).
Preschool: AM KidzTime is 7am – 8:45am for Tuition; 7am-7:45 for GSRP ($5/day – pre-registration only); PM KidzTime is 3:20 – 6pm ($10/day pre-registration only).
Late charges will be incurred for every minute a child remains past 6:00pm according to the clock in the KidzTime room. The late charges will be due immediately in the form of cash, money order or credit card when you arrive to pick up. Your child may not return to KidzTime until those charges are paid. Any child(ren) left past 6:00 pm more than two times will no longer be able to attend KidzTime that school year. Please be sure to have a backup plan in case of emergencies or if you are unable to pick up on time.
Morning: Arrival, snack (not provided by home), coloring station, building, puzzles, read-a-loud, group activity, transition to class
Afternoon: Arrival, attendance, snack (not provided by school), homework, play outside (weather permitting), or stations inside, group activity (game or craft), clean up at 5:45pm, group activity from 5:50pm – 6:00pm.
Fees and Billing:
- Tuition is a flat rate of $5.00 per day for Morning KidzTime and $10.00 per day for Afternoon KidzTime. (There is a discounted rate for siblings, please speak with the coordinator for details.) Tuition is billed one month in advanced according to the schedule on file. Any schedule changes need to be made with the KidzTime Coordinator 2 weeks in advance so as not to disrupt the billing cycle. All tuition is due on the 1st of each month. Any account not paid by the 2nd of each month, will receive a late fee of $10.00 added on their account and will not receive any KidzTime services until all payment is received. Invoices will be emailed the fourth Monday of the month to the email on file.
- Payments will be accepted through our electronic EZ Pay system. There is a link to spsezpay.com on the AMA website, as well as a kiosk available at KidzTime to pay your bill. In the event that you are not able to pay online, payments must be made by Money Order or Cashier’s Check (made out to American Montessori Academy with child’s full name in the note section). Checks or cash will NOT be accepted.
- Half day KidzTime is available on 5 of the half days that the school has. It is $15/child and registration must be paid in advance. Any child in attendance must bring a cold lunch, as lunch is not provided on those days.
- A student may be withdrawn from the KidzTime program if child care fees are not paid.
Withdrawal of Student:
A written statement given to the KidzTime Coordinator, giving at least one-week notice, by parent or legal guardian, is required to withdraw student(s) from program. If notice is not given, the parent will be responsible to pay the current balance.
AMA reserves the right to exercise immediate withdrawal of any student or individual if it is deemed that such person(s) fails to abide by the rules established for the program. Written notice will be sent to parent or legal guardian explaining reasons for withdrawal.
Students are expected to follow the expectations given by staff. If expectations are not followed, a consequence will be given. If referral is made to the Dean or Principal, a student will risk suspension from KidzTime. After two suspensions, a student may not be allowed back into KidzTime for the remainder of the school year.
KidzTime follows the same discipline and behavior policy as AMA. Please see the parent handbook for more information on the discipline policy.
In the event that a child is not picked up at the end of Dismissal at 3:40 pm (Upper), 4:10 pm (Lower), 3:20 pm (Preschool), they will be sent to KidzTime. Payment is due upon pick up in the amount of $15 (cash or pay on EZ Pay at the school).
Students that are dropped in more than twice without prior notice will be assigned to a regular KidzTime schedule and will be billed monthly.
AMA has 6 half days during the 2018-19 school year. We are offering KidzTime from 12pm – 6pm on those days. However, they are pre-register and pre-pay only. Payment of $15 is to be made online and a copy of the receipt is to be attached to the registration form when it is turned in. See the following dates and when forms should be turned in:
- Friday October 5, 2018 (due September 28)
Wednesday October 17, 2018 (due October 10)
Friday December 7, 2018 (due November 23)
Wednesday March 6, 2019 (due February 27)
Friday March 22, 2019 (due March 15)
Lunch will NOT be provided on half days. Please pack a sack lunch and a snack for your student and they will eat when they arrive in KidzTime.
KidzTime hours on half days will be from 12pm – 6pm, the cost is $15 for the session. If a student is not picked up by 6pm, the charge is $1/min, paid in cash at the time of pick up.