Welcome to the AMA KidzTime Program!
Our program has been designed to provide before and after school care for our Lower campus students in grades K-2 and after school care for our Upper campus students in grades 3-6. We are excited about the prospect of caring for your child.
KidzTime is an after school child care program available to AMA Students. It provides consistency and enrichment for children in a fun and relaxed environment that encourages individual choice making. Activities include various group and individual projects, indoor and outdoor play, group games and sports, board games, special events and much more.
This handbook is presented to all of our KidzTime families. It will explain the basic operations, policies, and logistics of the program. If you have any questions about anything that you read in here, or any suggestions that would benefit or improve the KidzTime Program, please email our KidzTime Coordinator, Kelsey Grace, at email@example.com. We look forward to working with your family this school year!
Only students who are presently enrolled in American Montessori Academy are eligible for the KidzTime Program.
Required documentation for admission:
- Immunization Records
- Emergency Card (Filled out entirely)
- Medical Treatment Consent Form
- Signed Contract
- Signed Signature Page
- (LOWER CAMPUS) Morning KidzTime is 7:00am – 8:00am and Afternoon KidzTime is 4:00pm – 6:00pm KidzTime will be held on all days that school is in session, it will be offered 8 of the half days in the afternoon with limited spots and early sign-up.
- (UPPER CAMPUS) KidzTime is 3:15pm – 6:00pm KidzTime will be held on all days that school is in session, it will be offered 8 of the half days in the afternoon with limited spots and early sign-up.
- Late charges will be incurred for every minute a child remains past 6:00pm according to the clock in the KidzTime room. The late charges will be due immediately, cash only, when you arrive to pick up. Your child may not return to KidzTime until those charges are paid. Any child(ren) left past 6:00 p.m. more than two times will no longer be able to attend KidzTime that school year. Please be sure to have a backup plan in case of emergencies or if you are unable to pick up on time.
- Afternoon: Arrival at 3:15pm, attendance, snack (not provided by school), homework, play outside (weather permitting), or stations inside, group activity (game or craft), clean up at 5:45pm, group activity from 5:50pm – 6:00pm
Fee and Billing:
- Tuition is a flat rate of $5.00 per day for Morning KidzTime and $10.00 per day for Afternoon KidzTime. (There is a discounted rate for siblings, please speak with the coordinator for details.)
- Tuition is billed one month in advanced according to the schedule on file. Any schedule changes need to be made with the KidzTime Coordinator in advance so as not to disrupt the billing cycle.
- All tuition is due on the 10th of each month. Any account not paid by the 15th of each month, will receive a late fee of $10.00 added on their account and will not receive any KidzTime services until all payment is received.
- Invoices will be available for pick up the last week of the month at KidzTime. Any invoices that are not picked up will be mailed.
- Payments will be accepted through our electronic EZ Pay system, which will be linked with your bill. In the event that you are not able to pay online, payments must be made by Money Order or Cashier’s Check (made out to American Montessori Academy with child’s full name in the note section). Checks or cash will NOT be accepted.
- Half day registration and June payments must be paid in advance using EZ Pay. Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks, cash, or personal checks will not be accepted for these.
- A student may be withdrawn from the KidzTime program if child care fees are not paid.
Withdrawal of Student:
A written statement given to the KidzTime Coordinator, giving at least one-week notice, by parent or legal guardian, is required to withdraw student(s) from program. If notice is not given, the parent will be responsible to pay the current balance.
AMA reserves the right to exercise immediate withdrawal of any student or individual if it is deemed that such person(s) fails to abide by the rules established for the program. Written notice will be sent to parent or legal guardian explaining reasons for withdrawal.
Students are expected to follow the expectations given by staff. If expectations are not followed, a consequence will be given. If referral is made to the Dean or Principal, a student will risk suspension from KidzTime. After two suspensions, a student may not be allowed back into KidzTime for the remainder of the school year.
KidzTime follows the same discipline and behavior policy as AMA. Please see the parent handbook for more information on the discipline policy.
In the event that a child is not picked up at the end of Dismissal (3:40pm at Upper; 4:10 at Lower), they will be sent to KidzTime. Payment is due upon pick up in the amount of $10.
Students that are dropped in more than twice without prior notice will be assigned to a regular KidzTime schedule and will be billed monthly.
AMA has 8 half days during the 2016-17 school year. We are offering KidzTime from 12pm – 6pm on those days. However, they are pre-register and pre-pay only. Payment is to be made online and a copy of the receipt is to be attached to the registration form when it is turned in. See the following dates and when forms should be turned in.
Friday October 14, 2016 (form due back 9/30)
Friday October 28, 2016 (form due back 10/14)
Friday December 9, 2016 (form due back 11/18)
Friday February 10, 2017 (form due back 1/27)
Friday March 10, 2017 (form due back 2/24)
Friday March 24, 2017 (form due back 3/10)
Friday May 12, 2017 (form due back 4/28)
Lunch will NOT be provided on half days. Please pack a sack lunch and a snack for your student and they will eat when they arrive in KidzTime.
KidzTime hours on half days will be from 12pm – 6pm, the cost is $15 for the session. If a student is not picked up by 6pm, the charge is $1/min, paid in cash at the time of pick up.