Would you like to be part of a dynamic, family-oriented school environment that believes in promoting a child’s natural ability to become a self-directed learner, flexible thinker and creative problem solver? Do you want to make the world a happier and more peaceful place by teaching our students to resolve conflicts peacefully? Are you looking for a place that you can grow professionally in a safe and supportive environment? Do you possess the following characteristics?
- Peaceful problem solver
- Team player
- Open and willing to learn
- Caring and kind
- Employs Montessori approach
- Passionate about student success
If so, we invite you to come GROW with us at American Montessori Academy! Our rigorous, standards-based, academic program provides meaningful choice for students as they move along their unique learning paths. AMA students have time and space to learn concepts, practice them, and apply their new knowledge in relevant and engaging ways. Children emerge from our program as independent, flexible thinkers. They also demonstrate empathy, kindness, and heightened emotional intelligence.
At AMA we…
- Provide a rigorous standards-based curriculum
- Employ Montessori concrete to abstract approach
- Prepare an environment that promotes a child’s natural ability to become a self-directed learner
- Build strong teacher-child and teacher-parent relationships by utilizing a multi-age approach
- Educate our children in resolving conflicts in peaceful ways
- Integrate peace education in daily school activities
- Create unique learning paths for each student
- Offer time and space to learn concepts, practice them, and apply their knowledge through projects
- Utilize small group and individualized instruction
- Develop independent flexible thinkers who are capable of solving complex problems
We invite you to become part of our family! American Montessori Academy is a Preschool – Eighth Grade Public Charter School in Michigan with locations in Livonia (K-2) and Redford (3-8). Find open positions and submit your resume to American Montessori Academy here.