American Montessori Academy Vision:
Students will build and cultivate a peaceful world through flexible thinking, self-confidence, collaboration, and a strong academic background.
American Montessori Academy Mission:
At AMA we…
• Provide a rigorous standards-based curriculum
• Employ Montessori concrete to abstract approach
• Prepare an environment that promotes a child’s natural ability to become a self-directed learner
• Build strong teacher-child and teacher-parent relationships by utilizing a multi-age approach
• Educate our children in resolving conflicts in peaceful ways
• Integrate peace education in daily school events
• Create unique learning paths for each student
• Offer time and space to learn concepts, practice them, and apply their new knowledge through project-based learning
• Utilize small group and individualized instruction
• Develop independent flexible thinkers who are capable of solving complex problems.